These dragon eggs were inspired from an online tutorial I found. The tutorial used hot glue and paint. I went my own direction and used UTEE and microbeads.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Went looking for other things I have done and found my altered monkey. . The altered monkey was from a altered mardi gras teddy swap on the Making Dolls yahoo group. Of course I had to be different and do a monkey instead. I just told people I altered the poor teddy so much he turned into a monkey as a self defense mechanism. I think he came out adorable.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
The fairy eggs were well accepted from the people I sent pictures to. So I thought I would post some pictures of other things I have made. Sooner or later I will try putting a slideshow on here.
This is a wrap doll that Im making as a Christmas present. So far I have painted a Bendi doll, then wrapped it with ribbon and specialty yarn. Next I have to bead the body, then make a face and hair for it and she will be headed to Arizona for Christmas.
Her name is Hairyetta Monetta Pippsiwiggle
Monday, October 13, 2008
Well I'm gonna try and make a go of this blogging thing. So let's start this off with a new creation I just finished. It's a fairy egg. I used pink and blue Granitex clay over a wooden robin's egg. Added some 2mm glass bubbles and some microbeads and we had an egg. I may do larger ones and different themes for them also.
I think I may even try making pendants out of the smaller ones and see how they fly.