Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New Day new Surprises

Well I woke up today at 5 am and hubby wasn't up yet. So I did my routine of calling him on the cell phone from the living room and he finally answered and said he was up. Once I was sure he wasn't going back to sleep, I did go back to sleep lol. Got back up at 8 am, took stock, and said yep still have migraine oh joy. But couldn't let that stop me, too much to do too little time. So I tackled the first job of the day and got online. Did emails and found a great surprise. I had entered a challenge/contest on the Making Dolls group on Yahoo to turn a small premade bird house into a fairy house. And the votes are in. I won first place for most inspiring, and tied for first place for cutest fairy house. Boy, was I surprised.

I will say this was one challenge that I truly enjoyed and really threw myself into as it wasn't something I had tried before.

Making Dolls is a very nice and warm group on Yahoo that I have been a member of for a few years. The ladies are very friendly and always willing to help when you need it. I met the owner, Rosa, when she came through Memphis on a delivery run with her husband. Rosa is a very warm and caring person and I had a great time meeting her in person.

They have challenges and swaps and share a lot of friendship on the group and I am glad to be a member on there.

What's next. Well I promised a dear friend that I would try to do a Wendy Froud Inspired doll so I'm currently working on that. I watched most of Wendy's first dvd yesterday and will be rewatching it today for anything I missed. Sculpting doesn't ""click"" for me as easily as beading and other art medias have done in the past so this will most likely be a longer foray than other challenges I have done. But I plan to give it my all. I did like a good bit of the way Wendy does her dolls and some of the things did become clearer as I watched. I will be trying to get the armature for the doll done today after watching the dvd again. Then it's on to the sculpting.

I'm also planning out an Alice in Wonderland challenge piece for the Mixed Media group I run. I believe I have all the supples, and now it is poke and hope time. Poke a piece here and there and hope it looks food. Once that's done it will go into a shadow box to preserve it from evil elements.

I also need to start designing a beaded bug for another online challenge at a bead site on line. That one is due in July and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing yet. Maybe a butterfly, or ladybug, or caterpillar.

I will also be working on mixed media bookmarks and bracelets using sea glass and mosaic tiles and beading. Another project that will be very different for me.

That's all for now. Hope everyone had a nice St. Patrick's Day and didnt get pinched too much lol.

I will be back when there is more to report.

Toodles

2 comments:

{Daydreamer} said...

Congrats, Carrie! Way to go! More of that good karma coming back to you.

H :)

Carrie said...

Thanks Pinky yep more and more karma each day makes me have real special creative days